Scrabble Club

Details of events

Scrabble Club

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:46 am

There is not a Scrabble Club currently in South Birmingham, so a friend and I are starting one. Unfortunately, it is not quite in Moseley, but very near.

Tuesday 7.30-10 (starting 14th July)
Kings Heath Community Centre
Heathfield Road

All abilities welcome. 2 and 3 letter word list will be available for consultation for beginners.

£2 per session, with 3 games per session.

If you know of anybody who might be interested in this, please pass this info on.

Rick
rick b

Re: Scrabble Club

Postby editorialgirl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am

Hmm.

Is your mate a ranked player too?

:-s

I sort of like the idea, but I may stick to facebook scrabble until you've got a few more members ;)
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 pm

editorialgirl wrote:

No he's not. He's averaging about 260 per game at the moment. We've just got tired of travelling to Sutton or West Bromwich to play.

editorialgirl wrote:
I sort of like the idea, but I may stick to facebook scrabble until you've got a few more members ;)

I hope we get a few more members as well :!:
rick b

Postby mike » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:08 pm

rick b wrote:Tuesday 7.30-10 (starting 14th July)

I might have done, but Tuesday is my old foggeys poker night...

I'll pass on the info though.
mike
Site Admin

Postby Simon » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 pm

rick b wrote:There is not a Scrabble Club currently in South Birmingham, so a friend and I are starting one. Unfortunately, it is not quite in Moseley, but very near.

Tuesday 7.30-10 (starting 14th July)
Kings Heath Community Centre
Heathfield Road

All abilities welcome. 2 and 3 letter word list will be available for consultation for beginners.

£2 per session, with 3 games per session.

If you know of anybody who might be interested in this, please pass this info on.

Rick

My Tuesdays are currently free so I might give it a go. Have you though about advertising it through one of Josh Hart's Brum sites?
Simon
Site Dictator

Postby editorialgirl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:56 pm

rick b wrote:
editorialgirl wrote:

No he's not. He's averaging about 260 per game at the moment. We've just got tired of travelling to Sutton or West Bromwich to play.

I play a lot of facebook scrabble but it's too easy to rely on the "dictionary" facility they've got. You can try out loads of words and it won't let you play a word that's not in there. Saying that, I reckon I've still improved loads recently. I've no idea what my average is but my top score on there is currently 505. No idea what it would be in a proper game... Hmm... tempted to find out (but Tuesday is Property Ladder night at the mo, so I'm usually working late).
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Simon wrote: Have you though about advertising it through one of Josh Hart's Brum sites?

I've looked at the sites. Everything on there is arts/entertainment based. I can't see a category that it would fit into really. Unless I've missed something.
rick b

Postby editorialgirl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:35 pm

rick b wrote:
Simon wrote: Have you though about advertising it through one of Josh Hart's Brum sites?

I've looked at the sites. Everything on there is arts/entertainment based. I can't see a category that it would fit into really. Unless I've missed something.

I think you're right - LiveBrum and ArtsBrum are about live events and arts events. Unless you sneaked it in under "clubs"... :lol:

Yahoo Upcoming has "social" and "sports" sections. Might be worth popping it in there...?
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 pm

editorialgirl wrote:
I play a lot of facebook scrabble but it's too easy to rely on the "dictionary" facility they've got. You can try out loads of words and it won't let you play a word that's not in there. Saying that, I reckon I've still improved loads recently. I've no idea what my average is but my top score on there is currently 505. No idea what it would be in a proper game... Hmm... tempted to find out (but Tuesday is Property Ladder night at the mo, so I'm usually working late).

I try out loads of words on FB Scrabble as well. My top score is 537. My top score in real life is 624, but then I've played a lot more real life games.
rick b

Postby mike » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:05 pm

editorialgirl wrote:I play a lot of facebook scrabble

Actually she plays a move about every 3 days...
mike
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events