Introductions

Wassup?

Introductions

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 am

Lots of us know each other, but some of us don't. Introduce yourself in this thread!
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Re: Introductions

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 am

Um, okay, well I'd better start: I'm Emma, but I'm editorialgirl pretty much everywhere on the web:
Me on Twitter
Me on Flickr
My blog

I live with Daz, right in the middle of Moseley.

I like cats and rainbows. But I'm not as fluffy as that makes me sound.

You'll find me on the internet most of the time, but that's okay - it's what I do for a living. My day job is as a writer on the 4Homes website. (And if you click on the "contact us" page you'll find a horribly squinty picture of me to prove it).

So there you go. That's me.
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Daz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:22 pm

I think I had assumed that people just know who everyone else is but that's probably not the best way to start.

I'm Daz and I put together a number of Moseley related sites that I quickly lose interest in Eye on Moseley and Meowseley being just two examples.

I live with Emma and work for the NHS trying to increase the life expectancy of everyone in Birmingham.

I don't really bother with Flickr but do dabble with Twitter
Daz
Site Dictator

Postby Brenda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 pm

editorialgirl wrote:I live with Daz, right in the middle of Moseley.

See, that had me puzzled for absolutely ages, thanks for clarifying.

I lived in Moseley from 1971 ish, with a 12 month pause to a shared house in very posh Edgbaston back in 1974. Was going to do a photo of every (B'ham) house I ever lived in, but Google Street View beat me to it. ;;)

Very proud to have known and loved beautiful Birmingham so well, although equally happy back home in the NE. Built a photographic darkroom last year, and that's my main occupation nowadays. I love the internet, knitting, and wandering along the beautiful deserted beaches here. I miss the fabulous food from Jyoti and Milan, and Moseley Festival, but can manage okay without them now. Especially now that you're all twittering and have this, and whatnot.

brendaburrell.co.uk is my website and I'm @brendadada on Twitter. Do please feel free to follow, a real person would make a nice change from eleventy nekkid lasses and moneymaking schemers. :ymparty:

(good idea, Em)
Brenda

Postby regengirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm Jenny and I'm married to Nick (nicktheowl). We've just moved house but I've lived in B13 for 11 years or so now. I knew I was finally a Moseleyite proper when Mr Nima started saying hello to me - it only took five years. :D

I'm regengirl on Twitter because in my last job I was working broadly in regeneration but I've recently started working on reviewing NHS services. I'm not an auditor! I've also recently become a secondary school governor and I help out with this http://www.birminghamphotospace.co.uk

I broke my ankle about a month ago and I'm currently at home recovering from an operation to put a plate into it - which means not being able to do much for the next few weeks and watching A LOT of 'Come Dine With Me'. I'd like to learn to make clothes and other stuff at some point but haven't done a lot to actually make that happen yet. :oops: I have a weakness for fizz, silver bags, cookbooks and random cover versions.
regengirl

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Brenda wrote:
editorialgirl wrote:I live with Daz, right in the middle of Moseley.

See, that had me puzzled for absolutely ages, thanks for clarifying.

If you mean the Daz bit then yes, Moseley Free obviously spawned something wonderful 8-}

If you mean the Moseley bit then you really haven't been paying attention :lol:
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Rich Batsford » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 am

Hello Folks

Im Rich Batsford. I use my real name on the internet so Im easy to find on Twitter and Facebook and I blog at www.richbatsford.com

Ive lived in or around Moseley (actually in Kings Heath for some time) since moving here over thirty years ago tho I travel a bit with my Aussie partner Lyndall.

Im a booking agent in the world of stand up comedy (new show coming up soon at the Hare & Hounds beginning with Richard Herring next Thursday) - I do some music promotion (such as Music by Candlelight tonight at St Marys - where I sang in the choir for many years) and Im a musician (piano pieces and songs).

I guess thats the salient facts - looking forward to moseley web based fun.

Rich
Xx
Rich Batsford

Postby Brenda » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:54 am

editorialgirl wrote:If you mean the Moseley bit then you really haven't been paying attention :lol:

I haven't, that's true. I thought you lived in KH with someone quite different.
Brenda

Postby editorialgirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:00 am

Brenda wrote:
editorialgirl wrote:If you mean the Moseley bit then you really haven't been paying attention :lol:

I haven't, that's true. I thought you lived in KH with someone quite different.

Oh yeah, sorry. I'd obviously put that out of my mind. I left KH (and the someone) years ago.
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Brenda » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:07 am

regengirl wrote:I'm Jenny and I'm married to Nick (nicktheowl).

Oh congratulations! How marvelous. :)
Brenda

Next

Return to Chat