Introductions

Wassup?

Re: Introductions

Postby Mazzawoo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:04 pm

mike wrote:
Mazzawoo wrote:No picture yet - tried to use the one from my Twitter profile (where I'm also Mazzawoo) but the board didn't like it. Probably just as well - it's a bit green!

How about: Image

Nothing like a photo of a fat Liza Minnelli-lookalike to bring a smile to all faces. :lol:
Mazzawoo

Postby theSpudStreet3 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I’m Geoff – moved to King Edward Road 20 months ago with wife Liz and daughter Alice. They think it’s hysterical I get my winter fuel allowance for the first time this year.

We like to get involved with local stuff where legal, and can be found in the Cocks or POW garden several times a week. If we’re not there, we’re probably having a fry-up at Wetherspoons or Eggs Benedict at The Cross.

I work in IT and like music and arty stuff. Liz is a librarian and reads for England.
theSpudStreet3

Postby pam » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi I'm Pam, known on here as pam. Gives me one less thing to forget.

I've lived in Birmingham for all my 56 years, and in Moseley for most of my adult life. I love living here. Dave and I were in Moseley when we were first married, then moved away for a while, living rather close to the end of the runway of Birmingham airport. When we wanted to move again, we took ages to find somewhere then eventually it occurred to us "why don't we go back to Moseley - they have that lovely Festival there".

Now I really enjoy being involved in said Festival.

In real life, I am a teacher of Physics and of Critical Thinking. I enjoy having several strands to life, but my favourite role is that of mum to our three sons, all in their twenties now.
pam
Font of all Moseley knowledge

Postby rick b » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi, I'm Rick, also known to some people as Fish. I've lived in Moseley for 16 years, apart from 1 year in the wilds of Balsall Heath. Married to Sarah, with two young boys.

I gave up my insurance IT job 3 years ago :ymparty: to retrain as a nurse. I'm about to qualify and have a job at Moseley Hall starting in September. The commute will be murder. :D

My real passion is Scrabble though. I play 6-10 tournaments a year, and am currently ranked 163rd in the country. If I could afford it, and Sarah would let me I'd play loads more.

Rick
rick b

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Hello and welcome especially to Geoff and Rick ... yay, new people :-bd

rick b wrote:My real passion is Scrabble though. I play 6-10 tournaments a year, and am currently ranked 163rd in the country.

:-o ^:)^
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Mazzawoo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:44 pm

rick b wrote:Hi, I'm Rick, also known to some people as Fish. I've lived in Moseley for 16 years, apart from 1 year in the wilds of Balsall Heath. Married to Sarah, with two young boys.

I gave up my insurance IT job 3 years ago :ymparty: to retrain as a nurse. I'm about to qualify and have a job at Moseley Hall starting in September. The commute will be murder. :D

My real passion is Scrabble though. I play 6-10 tournaments a year, and am currently ranked 163rd in the country. If I could afford it, and Sarah would let me I'd play loads more.

Rick

Hi Rick :-h
Mazzawoo

Postby Daz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:22 am

I have questions.

In real life, I am a teacher of Physics and of Critical Thinking.

What's critical thinking? is just being generally a bit negative?

My real passion is Scrabble though. I play 6-10 tournaments a year, and am currently ranked 163rd in the country.

:-o

The second one isn't really a question.
Daz
Site Dictator

Postby Bill Lees » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 am

Sheesh. We've got the 163rd best scrabble player in the UK right here on this board.

We truly are not worthy. =p~
Bill Lees

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 am

Bill Lees wrote: We've got the 163rd best scrabble player in the UK right here on this board.

To me it's not that good. :o I've been aiming for the top 100 for the last couple of years, and making no progress. The glass is half-empty I suppose.

I've just noticed one of the smilies looks a bit like me :ugeek: Ah. It is uber geek :lol:
rick b

Postby Bill Lees » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 am

rick b wrote:
Bill Lees wrote: We've got the 163rd best scrabble player in the UK right here on this board.

To me it's not that good. :o I've been aiming for the top 100 for the last couple of years, and making no progress. The glass is half-empty I suppose.

I've just noticed one of the smilies looks a bit like me :ugeek: Ah. It is uber geek :lol:

Do you need to beat the 64 or so blokes/women that are ranked above you to leap-frog them into the top 100? It probably doesn't work like old wild west gunslingers used to rank themselves though, I dare say. :ymcowboy:
Bill Lees

PreviousNext

Return to Chat