Introductions

Wassup?

Re: Introductions

Postby simonk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 am

Hi, I'm Simon. I don't actually live in Moseley any more but I was there from 2005 to 2008 and posted very occasionally to Moseley Free. Unfortunately I lost my job in Birmingham last year and have since relocated to London, where I am paying 50% more to rent a flat about a third of the size I had in B'ham.

Moseley is probably my favourite of the many places I have lived in and I would like to move back at some point. In the meantime I will make do with the odd weekend visit and reading sites like this one.
simonk

Postby mike » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Sorry to hear about the job :-(

Hopefully this place will let you know if anything is happening on the weekends you visit...
mike
Site Admin

Postby rick b » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Bill Lees wrote:
Do you need to beat the 64 or so blokes/women that are ranked above you to leap-frog them into the top 100? It probably doesn't work like old wild west gunslingers used to rank themselves though, I dare say. :ymcowboy:

You get ranking points, based on the ranking of the players you play in tournaments, and your overall ranking is based on the last 100 games. A bit like tennis rankings I suppose. here explains it in much more detail than you could possibly want

Wow! I embedded a link. :D
rick b

Postby theSpudStreet3 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 pm

rick b wrote:
Bill Lees wrote:
Do you need to beat the 64 or so blokes/women that are ranked above you to leap-frog them into the top 100? It probably doesn't work like old wild west gunslingers used to rank themselves though, I dare say. :ymcowboy:

You get ranking points, based on the ranking of the players you play in tournaments, and your overall ranking is based on the last 100 games. A bit like tennis rankings I suppose. here explains it in much more detail than you could possibly want
:D

you did ask Bill
theSpudStreet3

Postby pam » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 am

Daz wrote:I have questions.

In real life, I am a teacher of Physics and of Critical Thinking.

What's critical thinking? is just being generally a bit negative?

Yes, involves frowning a lot. Best done on a Monday morning.

Alternative definition: it (when a school subject at AS level) involves the analysis and evaluation of argument, and judging the credibility of, say, newspaper stories. It's good stuff.
pam
Font of all Moseley knowledge

Postby supertramp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi everyone, im Matt (Supertramp on the forum) and have recently moved to Moseley after moving around various other highlights of Birmingham in the last 4 years including Bearwood, Erdington and the Jewelery quarter. Now im here im thinking I should have moved sooner... Im originally from up North and moved down this way after University to enter the real world.

I like drinking tea, listening to David Bowie and wandering around with my camera. Speaking of cameras, if there is to be another trip organised to the old baths I would be interested...

Matt
supertramp

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:09 pm

supertramp wrote:Hi everyone, im Matt (Supertramp on the forum) and have recently moved to Moseley after moving around various other highlights of Birmingham in the last 4 years including Bearwood, Erdington and the Jewelery quarter. Now im here im thinking I should have moved sooner... Im originally from up North and moved down this way after University to enter the real world.

I like drinking tea, listening to David Bowie and wandering around with my camera. Speaking of cameras, if there is to be another trip organised to the old baths I would be interested...

Matt

Hello Matt - welcome :ymhug:
The Moseley Road Baths trip was a bit of a one-off - I emailed the Baths on behalf of the Birmingham Flickr group and got a positive response (others reckon they hadn't been so lucky when they'd asked in the past). This could be because the Flickr group has a good rep for being respectful in areas that aren't normally open to the public... or it could be because I suggested that many members would allow the Baths to use pics for publicity (in this case, the Friends of Moseley Road Baths wanted shots to put on their website, etc).

If you're a flickr member and you haven't already, you should definitely join the Birmingham Flickrmeets group in case we get to do more good stuff like this in the future.
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Amin » Thu May 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello,

I'm Amin. I was born in Iran and spent my summers attending the Quds Force Camp For Revolutionary Boys Dedicated To Overthrowing The Decadent Colonial West. I have also attended the now defunct Hezbollah Arctic Warfare Training School.

After undertaking covert missions in many dangerous locations such as Los Angles, Henley on Thames - and most perilously of all, Coventry - my family was assigned with establish a 'front' operation in Moseley.

Duly setup, what is known to you people as 'Nima Delicatessen', has acted as a central hub for Iranian intelligence gathering operations. For example, we have been able to establish that contrary to the convictions of many in the Iranian intelligence agencies, Moseley is not a hotbed of nuclear weapons development.

So yes, that does make me Mr. Nima's Son™.

As you can guess, I've been (some fairly big gaps not withstanding) in and around Moseley for the past twenty years.

If you know me, it's likely that at some stage I've rubbed you up the wrong way. I won't insult your intelligence by pretending to care, but would ask for a little indulgence. As you can see, I've had a traumatic childhood.

If for some strange reason you want to find out more about my myriad interests and ill thought-out (but strongly held) thoughts, I do the whole Blog and Twitter thing.
Amin

Postby Daz » Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello Amin,

I think any other Forum in the world would instantly remove you as spam but we know you're not dangerous.
Daz
Site Dictator

Postby Amin » Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Daz wrote:Hello Amin,

I think any other Forum in the world would instantly remove you as spam but we know you're not dangerous.

Compulsive lying is a known side-effect of childhood trauma*.

*I don't know if that's actually true.
Amin

PreviousNext

Return to Chat