FREE - A year's subscription to LRB

Wassup?

FREE - A year's subscription to LRB

Postby Bill Lees » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:47 am

It's that time of year again, when that splendid publication The London Review of Books, to which I continue to subscribe, has once more offered me a free 1 year subscription to the LRB, to give to anyone who has not previously received the mag.

Simon benefitted from this last year, and I do hope he enjoyed it, but he's disqualified from benefitting from it again. So if anyone else would like a free year's subscription to the mag, please let me know. The first person to PM me with their full postal address can have it ( I need to nominate you and you'll then start being sent the mag twice a month). If there are no takers, I'll offer it on Facebook.
Bill Lees

Re: FREE - A year's subscription to LRB

Postby editorialgirl » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Go on, then. I'll give that a go. If no-one else has ;;)
I'll PM you my address.
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Postby Simon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Oh dear.

I feel really, really ungrateful now. I have read some articles in the LRB. One issue I pretty much read all of it. But over all it has been a pretty poor show on my behalf. I just haven't managed to fit it in to my reading schedule.

But I do follow their personal ads on Twitter though
Simon
Site Dictator

Postby Bill Lees » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 am

Simon wrote:Oh dear.

I feel really, really ungrateful now. I have read some articles in the LRB. One issue I pretty much read all of it. But over all it has been a pretty poor show on my behalf. I just haven't managed to fit it in to my reading schedule.

But I do follow their personal ads on Twitter though

Relax. I rarely read everything in every issue myself, but if you keep the issues you can always read them at some future point when you feel inclined. All it means is that the LRB's cunning marketing iniative has failed in your case - unless you feel inclined to take out a subscription. But Emma now gets the opportunity that you did (you're only disqualified from having it again because you've already done so).
Bill Lees

Postby Bill Lees » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:23 am

Well, it's come round again. I have another free year's subscription to the LRB to grant.

Emma got it last year so she can't get it again, but if anyone else wants it, let me know and I'll arrange it.
Bill Lees

Postby editorialgirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh, yes thank you for that. I enjoyed a couple of articles... but I'm afraid that, overall, their cunning marketing initiative failed with me too. :oops:
Was nice to get post occasionally, though.
editorialgirl
Site Dictator

Return to Chat