Well you could try this at any point over the colder months, but i thought id share it as Halloween approaches.
I found this one in the INEBG book, now I make this every year after we have scooped out our pumpkin for Halloween. It's always been great (besides the one year when i used too much Garlic)
Pumpkin or Squash - De seeded, skin on cut into big chunks
4-6 Cloves of garlic (keeps vampires away also which is useful on Halloween)
Chicken or Veg stock depending on your outlook
1) Oven at Gas Mark 4/180c
2) Put the lumps of squash or pumpkin on an oven tray
3) Add chili and garlic to the tray
4) Now add Lots of olive oil on top
5) Cook in the oven for about an hour until Pumpkin starts to brown and go gooey
6) When cooked scrape all ingredients into a large saucepan (including lovely gooey bits)
7) Add hot water and stock
8) Blitz up with a hand blender until smooth
9) Serve now or heat up later
Its a good use of your pumpkin insides on Halloween, don't throw it after it's done all that growing and stuff.